New House Housecleaning


Kevin and I have been looking for a house for probably a year now. It has been an emotional roller coaster at times but we are also extremely thankful for God's protection as our needs have changed and surprize so has the economy!!



We looked at a house the other day and it is seemingly perfect. We are excited but the whole thing is out of our hands. That's another story.


As I thought about the possiblity of getting a new house today I was picking up a throw off the floor and was folding it to place it back on the couch. I thought about doing that in the new house. Wouldn't I enjoy housework better? There is a novelty in a new house for sure. But when you get right down to it. Work is work and I don't care for it!




As I thought about that I related it to all sorts of things. Marriages, new jobs, new church, pretty much anything can be novel for a time. So does that mean you dump it and move on when the novelty wears off? No.




We need to learn to stick it out and to make and keep our commitments. Which also touches on loyalty and sacrifical love. This culture doesn't really get it. When the going gets tough I'm outta here is the common theme.




I need to just suck it up. Don't dream about how much better housework will be in another 4 walls. Work is work. Put on a smile and blast a good song.




I'm off to turn the music on.




Alanne.




Comments

  1. keep us in the loop if there's new house plans :)

    miss you.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts