Setting The Stage

We are on holidays, enjoying family before we head into the school year.

Aren't you thankful God never takes a holiday?! Even though we are on holidays, being refreshed and renewed, our calling doesn't change. God may have plans for us to completely relax or to minister. We need to be ready at any given moment to be handed a mission.

The questions below are rhetorical. They are designed to set the stage for the topics to come.


Choose which you would rather. Be honest.

1. A few great times or an always average good time.

2. Spending time with the famous occationally or someone less known regularly.



Now here is a question I do want an answer to.

1. What is your definition of good?


I'm excited about the next couple of topics. Be sure to subscribe so that you don't miss any posts.

Blessings today.

Alanne.

Comments

  1. Well,...the dictionary has a few things to say about 'good'.

    = to be desired or approved of; pleasing - (adjective) and
    = that which is morally right; righteousness - (noun)
    are only two of the many definitions listed.

    I think both work for me.

    "God saw that the light was good." (Gen 1:4)
    "And God saw that it was good." (Gen 1: 10; 12; 18; 21; 25)
    "God saw all that He had made, and it was very good." (Gen 1:31)

    I think God was pleased with what He created. It was approved of and beneficial to the beings it was created for. (that being us!)

    "Turn from evil and do good;" (Psalm 34:14)
    "Trust in the LORD and do good;"
    (Psalm 37:3)

    I have learned much about how God desires me to live a righteous life. In God's eyes, I think my focus needs to be on what is beneficial to others and that leads to doing what is morally right.

    I believe that both definitions are often found together when living for God.

    Thanks for your time Alanne,

    K

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts